The power of our mind is impressive, and I’ve experienced this repeatedly in my life and want to share this with you. The ability to access your mental power is to your advantage, and currently not something we get to learn in class. We end up learning about it when we are desperate, in the middle of an adverse experience or reading about others’ experiences.
How often have you felt stuck? How did you respond to the situation? Did you face it? Did you avoid it? Did you distract yourself from being in that predicament?
The ability to Feel Good is very valuable. It requires the ability to feel emotionally, it also requires you to connect to your body, it absolutely needs you to believe that it is possible.
My 5 Steps to Feel Good quickly, give it a go now:
- Awareness: Become aware of your body position, are you standing, sitting, leaning against the wall etc
- Feeling: Notice how you feel, are you in a curious mode, are you in a joyful mood, are you bored, or are you recovering from feeling disappointed, where are you at now?
- Choose: To Feel Good about yourself, you need to know that you can Choose to Feel Better than you feel right now.
- Unconditional: You need no reason at all, to Feel Better right now. No guilt here – you are free to take these minutes for yourself.
- Close your eyes (to promote connection) and simply Feel Good – pick a feeling that is positive such as optimistic, joyful, happy, elated, free etc. Combine your emotional state now by feeling it in your body so a new mental state is created. No conditions or reasons required.
It is up to you, to figure out what better feels in that moment. Feeling better with eyes closed allows you to connect both your current emotional state with your physical state into a new mental bliss.
I enjoy the fast improvement of mood which this practice brings. Your experience matters, if you would like to share, leave a comment or email me.